Weapon Mods Expanded
Weapon Mods Expanded (WMX) for Fallout New Vegas expands upon the base game’s weapon modding system in the following ways:
- ALL weapons get the maximum of three applicable weapon mods; this includes unique weapons.
- Unique weapons can be modified with the same weapon mods as their common counterparts.
- Some existing weapon mods (from the base game) are newly applied to weapons besides their defaults…
- But many more are weapon mods newly added by WMX.
- Some weapon mods can be applied to multiple different weapons.
- New crafting possibilities for the more low-tech weapon mods (mainly melee weapon mods).
- Some unique weapons without a common counterpart (for example That Gun and This Machine) receive one.
- New and altered art assets to visually depict most of the new weapon mods.
- Chance to find weapon mods in loot.
- More weapon mods available from merchants (to compensate for more types being available).
- WMX also contains numerous fixes for visual bugs in weapon meshes and textures.